Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Monday 23 February, 2004

Yesterday the weather was sooooooooo fine! I was sunbaking in bikini top & shorts on the back deck, there was no wind and pure sunlight...it felt sooooo nice......ok, so the weather was about 13 degrees....my heat requisites have dropped over the past few years...Then about 4pm, we grabbed out snowboarding gear and went up to www.grousemountain.com where we have just bought the cheapest passes, $250 will get us all the snowboarding we want up there for the rest of this season and next...such a bargain, considering a day up there is normally $42....so I have been up twice....so 4 more times and i will have made even!
It was a bit of a spending type day....eyes tested, now more blind, -3 & -2.5 (previously was -2.00 & -1.75, groan), so there is more cash I need to put out....
And I went to the dentist as my wisdom teeth have finally driven me to insanity...slight infection near the bone, so they gave me a weeks worth of amoxicilian, taking some anti-inflammatory tablets....they can take them out....bout $170 a tooth normal(i.e. dentist giving me a needle and yanking away), or if I want to go into a nice deep sleep, well, I gotta call up to find out how much that will cost...Lucky I have worked 2.5 weeks, i only have 3 days work this week, which is great, enough to get me by...I crashed into bed last night about 10pm, which is pretty rare by my standards....and slept til 11am...and my heads fuzzy, so I guess that its migraine time...
Besides snowboarding, I haven't been up to too much really. Started part two of my Portuguese lessons, bit harder now, I get confused by grammar etc, but vocab I'm fine...we had an exercise on verbs etc and i totally sucked at it...but then we had some text & a family tree and we had to figure out who was related to who and what they were in the family (niece, aunt, son-in-law etc..) and I whipped through it faster than my class mates....so I just gotta find a happy medium.....bought myself some more text books to practice more.
This weekend is our Hawaiian theme party, me & flatmate Jess went shopping today, bought masses of fruit juices, lei's, cocktail umbrellas, straws...chips, doormats, as we seem to bring in half the yard once we traipse back in from the hot tub....I love the hot tub, unfortunately my bitchy skin doesn't.....the tub is a really good one, the jets on one seat are sooo powerful that you have to use your feet against the wall to keep you in the seat! Just like a massage, except in water, and that I don't have to pay for.....yippeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home