Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Tuesday 24 February, 2004

Anyhoo, bring on this weekends party!! We've spent a good deal of cash to get the place in order for the party, tropical drinks, tiki pictures, aloha banner. All we need is for Saturday to arrive and for the cocktails to be mixed!!! My skin is being an absolute b*tch at the moment, so I have to ban my self from the hot tub, which given my love of water is incredibly hard....sob sob! But I figure that hey, if I'm out of the tub I can drink more cocktails....

Groan groan groan! I've been a snot monster - stupid colds - great when your snowboarding, blowing the snozza with mits is not easy, so I just snort it out....classy bird that I am!

Anyhoo, Adam came up the mountain last night to do a progress check on me - and boy was he impressed....I'd kinda played down my improvements, in case he thought I still sucked.....thankfully that was not the case. It was a really fun night, great snow, great company, great boarding and a car ride home instead of a bus, a ferry, a train and then a 15 minutes walk (wet and carrying all my gear....)....so the blue runs are still providing me challenges, but not as much as before....I've bought a season pass for $250 for the rest of this season and for next season, which I wont be around for, but I only need another 4 days up Grouse Mountain and I will have made my moneys worth...

Bad thing is I need new lenses, both glasses and contacts....my eyes have declined a good deal...so there is more cash I have to put out...and my wisdom teeth need to come out too, lil bastards......teeth are priced at $170 +m each for a normal dentist chair jobby, I gotta make a few calls about going to sleep to get them pulled.....

Flat mate Jess has started a cake decorating course, which means there is a stupid amount of cake lying around the house, Sunday night once we came back from boarding we came home and the cake was out and well I got stuck into it big time...i had to move my self away from it....it was sooo good......and so was the simpsons, that show just keeps on getting better......there was 8 of us watching it in our lounge room, good times my friend good times....

I talked to my mate Pablo Lang, who was in London but has been back in Sydney now for 5 months, who seems to be doing great guns....I think that he's having fun back in oz.....he cant wait for me to get back, me & Liam are all he's really missing....after talking to him, I think I can try to focus on going to school in 2005, yeah, slight change of plan, but I'm soo farking over this secretarial crapola, I just gotta study to get me into something I half give a shit about.....So my schedule to return to London will change a bit......I'm going to stay a bit longer in Canada (only a week or two as Powderfinger, Jet, Living end are playing here - how can I pass that up! And the night I would have had my farewell party here, is actually one of the other gals birthday party....a bad art party, we get to make shitty artworks with macaroni and glitter and all sorts - how can I pass this up - it's my calling!! So this will maximise party potential!!!)

I met up with Kye, an friends Australian friend the other night, just for a few hours because I had a work do on.....( I can't pass up free meal at super fab restaurant!), she seems cool. Hope she manages to get some work soon. Have invited her and her mate Sinead over to the tropical party, hopefully there will be some nice single young men for the gals to mingle with (there are always way way more guys than gals at out parties, so fingers crossed…..Let's see if I can hook up some more people!!!). Talked about being back home, and being abroad and not sure about friends and family etc.....the joys of the traveler....and she was lovely and bought me some tim tams....think homer simpson drooling - that is me right now.....ahhhh....and also the newish kaluha creams....holy smokes, you get drunk just smelling them!!!

Basically, I like it here...enough to live forever? I'm not sure, that would mainly guess on the love interest in my life.....I'm not looking forward to when I do go that is for sure....but I think I can convince myself of leaving London now....I've had soo much fun doing outdoorsy stuff, and I'm hanging for an Aussie summer, like nothing else....

But hey, you know the fickle mind of Sarah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home