Monday, June 04, 2007

All over the shop...

Dear readers,

I had a bit of a one-of-those weekends. It didn't involve alcohol, which maybe that's what I'm missing?? Not sure.

Well I have learnt that migraines & booze are not a good combination, especially when taking medication. Enough of us remember my last big 'trolleyed' efforts with that great combo back in Vancouver... So I avoid the two at the same time.

So therefore, it was just my brain being frazzled. Friday night - being the young & groovy type that I am, I did a cleanathon, to get the house looking as pretty as this ghetto gets. New housemate Nicole was moving in on Sunday, so time to impress. I painted some of the ultra skanky parts in the bathroom. Looks much better. Saturday I went to the hardware store, to get yet another shower head as the last one exploded, it blasted off towards the roof, water gushing every where - me with conditioner running into my eyes. Insert much Sarah type cursing. New shower head is much better. It should be, cost twicce the price. But it is water efficient which is important in this drought ravaged land. It was off to watch Australia play Uruguay in the football out at Homebush that night. Which we lost. U_R_GAY! Somehow, I managed to leave the house without my wallet. My mobile battery was dying as well. So trying to find friends at homebush with 2 battery cells left was fun. But it happened. We were lucky enough to get a ride back to the city after the match. Or so we thought we were lucky. The traffic around the stadium was of course insane. I think by the time we left Homebush, dropped Ian off in Newtown and finally got to Oxford Street in the City, it was a good 1.5 hours. Oh there was a Maccas stop in there too. Yum, cheap & cheesey. I think I paid the price for it the next day. Must work on figuring out my allergies one day...but the car ride had some of the best singing I've heard in years. We rocked. I'm personally glad I'm missing a chunk of hearing. Made our singalong sound even better. Makes my singing so much better too! All I can say is bring oon a road trip to the snow, which may have 2 others from Saturday night in the car too. It will be the acest! Choir Boys was a favourite.

Sunday morning, went for a stroll, to grab a muffin and to see if there were any garage sales happening nearby. Strolling, window shopping, was all good. I made it up to the charity shop & went to get my wallet out. OH .... Where the hell is my wallet?? AAGHGHGHGHGH! And then I thought - ok, bad enough to lose my wallet, but shit where are my keys! New housemate coming in an hour and wouldn't it be great if I'd welcome them by making them sit in the truck while I get a locksmith out. Boooo. Boo then turned to slight relief, finding I'd been smart enough not to slip my key into my wallet. So i re-traced my steps, thinking what a waste of time. It's Saturday, in the middle of the day in Bondi. Peak people traffic times. But I needed to make my way home anyway...retrace, retrace. Looked up at a sign on a light pole - 'Wallet found, 12:15pm, 3rd June, please call....' HOLY CRAP BALLS BATMAN! And I even had credit on my phone - bring bring - 'Hi,. my names Sarah and I lost a little blue wallet.....' Yup, come to the cafe and you can collect it!'

Yay! I almost skipped up the street, clicking my heels with glee! Lucky for my fascination with garage sales and posters on street posts these days...

I got to the cafe, and the finders were so, so nice, wouldn't even let me buy them lunch! All the cash was in there too.

So in honour of good honest folk still existing in the big smoke, I donated the $30 i had in my wallet to Medicin sans Frontieres http://www.msf.org/ . Everyone won that day.

On a less happy note, I now need to work on my group project. It's due Thursday. Then I'll be such a relieved camper. No university for almost 2 months - bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home