Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stop. Boy rant time.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

It's winter. We all know how I break in winter. But so far, things have been moving along tres nicely. I'm not entirely sure that my precious fragile skin likes being out on a motorcycle for a zillion hours, but ce la vie! I'm also working my way back to blondeness. Do gentlemen prefer blonde Sarah? But most importantly, after the great man drought of um, 2006 - 2008, I seem to have got my groove back. I've been out chasing boys. The audience goes wild!! They even chased back which is a bonus when you want them to chase back. In the past weeks, I've been lucky enough to dance & run amuck with the most gorgeous guy I've ever been allowed to touch (EVER). I also met another guy, not my regular sort but he definately guaged more than a little curiousity from me.

But alas, he's now stood me up. I believe this is the first time in all my years that this has happened, me stood up after a zillion years - WTF!?! I'm pissy as hell. I want reasons dammit! Especially as this guy brought up the, 'Please don't waste my time spiel'. Yes, it is only date 3. However, today of all days, rejection is an even less tolerated offence. I'm pmt-ing my head off! I think there really should be a law against standing up a gal with pmt. I mean not just for your own safety, but for society. My neighbours probably agree with this concept, as I now have itunes a cranking to get me through this. Anyhoo, I know you are thinking 'ahh our little drama queen is back on the scene'. The one you all know and love so well. But dammit, we are not children anymore. Return a phone call damn you. Don't leave me at home on a Saturday night (even if it was unlikely I would make it out of the house anyhoo...). Had I known I was to be stood up I'd be out in Newtown with my mates. I salute you with my middle finger Mr Standmeup.

This is how I deal with rejection:

Ok, normally, my method of dealing with most things would be to get a kick ass cocktail in my hand - right freaking now. But no, I have a migraine. I'm on boring-but-necessary migraine drugs that get my head out of planet pain & confusion, and I'm under the impression I'm not meant to mix these with booze. So the next best thing to assist these feelings of rejection, sadness and the big one 'will I always be the solo person at dinner parties?' = MUSIC! Here's a bit of my set list from the last hour... Take all choices with pinch of salt and more importantly, a shot of tequila. I'm in uber 'girl has been wronged mode'.

Hot Chip, I'm afraid, you aren't rocking my world, skip.
Cold War Kids are helping, hang me out to dry anyone?
Time to ruin any street cred I may have by posting it up here - Diry Dancing soundtrack. Oh woe is me.
Placebo covering the Pixies 'Where is my mind?' - I thank thee.
Jebidiah - I'm Sorry (yes, I am)

My singing is out there too. Watch out kids, out come the so-cal late 90s punk's coming to get you.

Diesel Boy - Titty Twister 'Fuck you, I hate you is all she said As she slapped my face and spit beer on me'
The Distillers - cranky girl singers unite. Go Brody go! Seneca Falls - Are you ready to be liberated...

Dizzee Rascal - Just a Rascal. Ahhh Hackney.
Dolly Parton - Joelene
Dusty Springfield - I only want to be with you (ignore the lyrics, I just like the fact I know five words of it!)
Elastica - Stutter. Have you found a new mate? Is she really great?
Elvis Presley - Suspiscious Minds. This one got played as my friend Murielle just sent me a consolatory text message, and we spent many an inebirated night back at hers for a night cap singing Elvis.
Embrace - Ashes. Life goes on. Watch me rise up
Faker - This Heart Attack. Don't try to call my telephone, it's disconnected.
British India - Run the Red Light.

Hmm, is it time for Billy Bragg - New England? It's a great singalong song, and one that I sing about 10 times during every uni assignment. Fact: It's my replacement for chocolate consumption. Billy Bragg does not get you fat. There is a song I really wanted to play too - it was in one of the early episodes of The Mighty Boosh. But I'm too lazy to move away from my ipod and watch it to figure it out. I'm pretty sure it was a big 80s song. I thought at the time it would be a perfect kareoke tune...

I think to wrap up this blog & song fest, I need more pop punk trash to get me back to cranky, as I'm starting to mellow somewhat. Sad pants off, get me cranky pants back on. Hmm, what about some great break up tunes of past years - Millenconlin, Samiam, Satanic Surfers, Snuff and Rancid?

Sorry neighbours, hope the trashy punk stuff didn't ruin your ears. I've turned the bass down for you :) .

Musicians of the world, I thank you. Nothing that a few select songs can help me sing out my issues... actually, maybe this rejection thing worked well. I've really enjoyed raiding my music collection.


Ciao kiddies,

S
xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home